One of the main concerns with owning a pool or spa is that they will begin leaking. On average most pools lose 1"-2" of water per week. A simple rain/evaporation test can determine if you may have a leak. This test compares the evaporation of a bucket of water over 24 hours to the evaporation of your pool. If the bucket does not lose as much water as your pool does, then there is a leak that we need to get repaired. If you think there may be a leak in your pool or spa, don't wait, call right away to have your pool inspected. The cost of the lost water and chemicals will continuously add up over time so having your leak repaired sooner than later will save these
resources as well as potential damage from the leak.
Here is our procedure for our leak detection services:
- We will check your pool equipment for visible leaks.
- Perform a set routine for diagnosis using a vacuum test checking all bodies of water from tile to main drains and everything in between.
- We will make all minor repairs while swimming the bodies of water with an underwater epoxy.
- We will leave your pool off overnight and set up an evaporation/rain test to verify the bodies are holding. We will return the following day planning for the bodies of water to hold but if not the procedure is repeated until it does. Many leaks are easy for us to find but be aware we will work tenaciously to find the difficult ones. We generally perform any plumbing repairs, check valve problems, or equipment repairs on the second visit.
- We warranty all above ground repairs for 30 days because “leaks happen”. We do not warranty repairs on structural cracks or multiple tile leaks.
There are two types of pools, according to owner Chip, “One that is leaking and one that is going to leak”. Because of this we attempt to make our prices affordable. The average leak detection and repair generally runs from $200-350.
If there is a broken pipe diagnosed during your leak detection we will tell you which set of pipes has the break and call or e-mail you with an estimate for that repair based on time and materials.
Call us today to have your leak repaired by a reliable, and professional technician!